Stylus Media Group Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies when you go online or use your mobile device and any contract for our services, attendance or participation in our events. This policy applies in addition to our Terms and Conditions which apply to any contract you enter into with us. Please take time to read this policy as it includes important information that applies to you. If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we?
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Stylus Media Group Limited of 11th Floor Capital House, 25 Chapel Street, London NW1 5DH.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information You Give Us
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, at our events, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, participate in or attend one of our events, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, sign up for our mailing list or to receive email offers, log a query or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and other content which you choose to upload such as comments and forum posts.
- In the event that you choose to apply to us for employment through the Careers section of our website, you will also be required to provide a copy of your CV and other relevant employment related information.
How we will Use This Information You Give Us
We may use the information you give us to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- occasionally contact you for research purposes as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and events;
- notify you about changes to our service or events;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices;
- process your application for employment in circumstances where you have provided your details through the careers section of our website.
- contact you directly, or indirectly using a trusted third party acting on our behalf, for the purposes of marketing described in more detail below. We will only do so in accordance with applicable law.
Marketing and How We May Contact You
We may use the information we have about you in our marketing. Any use of your information for marketing will be both in our legitimate interests and yours. You have a right to object at any time to this use of your information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Where you have given us your consent or if you have previously attended one of our events or received services from us, we may use your information to contact you about future events and/or services which we consider may interest you, sponsorship and speaker opportunities, offers and discounts available from time to time, or to send you our newsletters, bulletins, publications. Our marketing communications may be provided to you by email, SMS, post or such other means as we choose.
In addition to the right to object mentioned above, you will also be provided with the opportunity to opt out of receiving these marketing communications both at the time that you provide your contact information to us and at any time afterwards by clicking on the relevant link provided in an email or SMS or by contacting us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you tell us that you do not want to receive any further marketing information from us, we will not contact you further for the purpose of marketing. However, we will not necessarily remove your information from our database(s) if it is necessary to retain the information for other non-marketing purposes such as where we need your information for compliance with our legal obligations. Please note that after you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, it may take a few days to update our records during which time you may continue to receive marketing communications.
Information We Collect About You
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we will use the information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How will we use the information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How long will we retain your data?
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information internally with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. As they are all part of the Stylus Media Group Limited, the contents of this policy will equally apply to each group company.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Examples of the types of companies include; deliveries, security, fraud protection, marketing, IT support and audit. Each of these external companies has a contract with us which confirms how they handle your information and is restricted so that they can only use this information to provide services to Stylus Media Group Limited and to you and not for any other reason.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site to improve your customer journey. These third parties only use your information in line with our instructions and do not disclose it or use it for any other purposes. When it is not essential to do so, we will only disclose your information with these companies when we have obtained your consent. You have the right to change your mind at any time and details on how to unsubscribe are confirmed below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, or other comparable corporate transaction such as acquisition, merger, bankruptcy, dissolution or reorganisation, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets solely for the purposes of enabling that transaction.
- If Stylus Media Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store and Transfer Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to review and update your registered account details by signing in to your account at any time.
You have the right at any time to access, rectify, modify or delete any information held about you. You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to exercise these rights. Our security procedures mean that we may have to request proof of identity before we disclose information to you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact our General Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist. Please be advised that we will not charge you for this service, but our security procedures mean that we will have to request proof of identity before we disclose information to you.
Stylus Media Group Limited
11th Floor, Capital House
25 Chapel Street,
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office if you have a concern with regard to our use of your information. Further information, including contact details can be found at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you would like to contact us in relation to the above please do so at email@example.com